maandag 21 december 2015

Martinitoren, a touristic place itself

Dear followers,

In this article we’re going to talk about the Martinitoren! I have to admit, that I have never climbed the Martinitoren, so maybe I should feel a little bit ashamed. However, I will be writing about the Martinitoren’s social media! Because one of the first things tourists would like to see in Groningen is the Martinitoren, so is social media still relevant?

My visit to the Martinitoren was very short, since you needed to pay when you wanted to enter the Martinitoren. I wanted to make a picture of the Martinitoren, but due to its height it was very difficult to see the Martinitoren in one shot! Therefore, I made a short movie.



I definitely had to search for things that could refer to social media, and in the end I came to the conclusion that there was just nothing that was referring to their web page or other social media. When searching on the internet, there’s indeed no website specifically for the Martinitoren. Kind of strange, but probably this could be explained by the fact that it’s part of the Martinikerk. In fact, I was able to find something that referred to the website of the Martinikerk. 

This QR-code is for the people with a smart phone convenient to use, however for the elderly this will be useless. On the website, I had to search for a while before I could find the part on the Martinitoren. Additionally, when considering the other social media, I could not find very active usage. The twitter page was lastly used in 2013 and Facebook posts no messages. Despite this, on Facebook it has a lot of positive ratings and people post photos on Facebook located at the Martinitoren are also shown. However, in short I would say that the Martinitoren is just very popular and does not put a lot of emphasize on social media to increase its visitors. 

Hope you enjoyed this article, 

Melisse 


Although I haven't climbed the Martinitoren, I have climbed (part of) the Chinese wall! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten